Veggie Bowl Food Truck Review

 


There are two known veggie bowl locations and I decided to adventure off to Oregon City and try the newly added food truck. 


The first time I went there I got the Hearty Veggie West which contained brown rice, quinoa, kale, tomatoes, mixed greens, avocado, black beans, black olives, flaxseed, cilantro, and Richi's Sauce. However I did remove the quinoa, kale, and flax seed knowing full well I would not enjoy them. And then added their Teriyaki Soy Curls, which if I had to say something they are known for it would be this. 


Honestly, it turned out way better than I expected. Everything was fresh and tasted great and I was really happy with the one that I choose knowing I like all those other ingredients. And the soy curls tasted great, they say they taste like chicken which I don't entirely agree but to be fair I haven't had chicken in years. But there was nothing off-putting about the texture, which is a big thing for me I am very picky about texture, and I genuinely recommend going and trying out something that has ingredients you like. 


I did take a handful of people with me. I brought a vegan keto person who got the Soy Bowl Sriracha, which has Soy curls in pineapple sriracha sauce, onions, and served with kale and brown rice. She removed the rice and they offered to add more veggies and it turned out great and was low carb and everything here is vegan. She loves this place and we have and plan to go back. I also brought a meat-eater and a person who doesn't judge food a ton. We got them both the Soy Bowl Teriyhaki which has the soy curls in teriyaki sauce and onions served with kale and brown rice. I removed the kale from both of theirs. The meat-eater said it was good but didn't want to drive the distance (45 minutes), and the other ate the whole thing and said it was great. 


I think my favorite thing about this place is that they can work with you because everything is fresh and if you don't want something it is super easy, and they have never messed up our orders before. I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone, there is something you can find that you like. I am not sure what nationality this food is, but it reminds me of some sort of Asian food and coming from someone who doesn't normally eat a lot of Asian food, you should try it. If you are picky get something simple, if you like veggies get one with extra veggies, if you like Mexican food, get the one I got because that is kind of what I was going for. Anyway if you are in Oregon I definitely recommend trying this place out, 100%.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Veggie Grill Review

The Best Green Tea Recipe